Prices start at $2600
Configure your bike and order now!
The Long Haul is the pride of Human Powered Machines and the solution for your cargo hauling needs. Originating in Europe in the 1920’s, we were the first US builders to add top-quality tubing, excellent brakes and multiple gearing!
Great for carrying children or groceries, the Long Haul has also proven itself in the Human-Powered Delivery industry from coast to coast.
Household users and professional bike messengers agree, its handling, stability and low center of gravity make for a safe and comfortable ride. See our section on Long Hauls for family use.
Long Haul cargo bicycles are available as framesets or with components. You can choose from several different cargo area configurations when you order the bike.
Designed by Jan VanderTuin
- TYPE: Cargo bicycle.
- WHEELBASE: 73”
- BB HEIGHT: 10.5”
- STAND-OVER HEIGHT: 28”
- WEIGHT: 50 lbs. with aluminum rack.
- FRAME: TIG welded CroMo tubing.
- FORK: CroMo.
- KICKSTAND: Spring-activated, mounted to load-bearing section.
- FINISH: Powdercoat, many colors available.
- WHEELS: Rims- alloy 20” 406mm (front), alloy 26” 559mm (rear); spokes- stainless steel.
- DRIVETRAIN: NuVinci
- BRAKES: Disc brakes
- OPTIONS: Fenders made at HPM, custom containers, component variations, electric mid-drive pedal assist
- PRICE: Bare bones version (flatbed, frameset only) available for $2600. $3400 with aluminum rack. Call or email for quote on other options.