The Long Haul
Prices start at $1900Configure your bike and order online!
The Long Haul is the pride of Human Powered Machines and the solution for your cargo hauling needs. Originating in Europe in the 1920′s, we have added top-quality tubing, excellent brakes and multiple gearing! Click here to learn more about the history of cargo bikes.
Great for carrying children or groceries, the Long Haul has also proven itself in the Human-Powered Delivery industry from coast to coast.
Household users and professional bike messengers agree, its handling, stability and low center of gravity make for a safe and comfortable ride. See our section on Long Hauls for family use.
Long Haul cargo bicycles are available as framesets or with components. You can choose from several different cargo area configurations when you order the bike.
Designed by Jan VanderTuin
- TYPE: Cargo bicycle.
- WHEELBASE: 73”
- BB HEIGHT: 10.5”
- STAND-OVER HEIGHT: 28”
- WEIGHT: 50 lbs. with aluminum rack or 72 lbs. with fiberglass container.
- FRAME: TIG welded CroMo tubing.
- FORK: CroMo.
- KICKSTAND: Spring-activated, mounted to load-bearing section.
- FINISH: Powdercoat, many colors available.
- WHEELS: Rims- alloy 20” 406mm (front), alloy 26” 559mm (rear); spokes- stainless steel.
- DRIVETRAIN: SRAM 3×9 Dual Drive system (standard); 27-speed derailleur system (subtract $140).
- BRAKES: Disc brakes (standard), V-brakes (subtract $140)
- OPTIONS: Fenders, rack, rack with flatbed, wooden container with aluminum treadplate.
- PRICE: Bare bones version (flatbed, frameset only) available for $1900. $2815 with aluminum rack, $2840 with wooden box, or call for quote on fiberglass container version.