Prices start at $1400
Based on the classic “Baker’s Bike” design, the Express features a 20″ front wheel and custom fork to allow clearance for a large and sturdy front rack. The Express is quick, and maneuverable, but like the entire line of HPM cargo bikes, is designed to carry big and heavy loads. The Express’s front rack can accommodate large boxes and even passengers. The strong double legged kickstand mounted underneath the cargo rack holds the Express level for loading and unloading.
A SRAM dual drive 3×9 internally geared hub is standard, allowing a wide gear range and the ability to shift at a stop.
Designed by Jan VanderTuin. Rack designed by Jan VanderTuin, Henry Norris and James Reichardt
- TYPE: Cargo Bicycle.
- WHEELBASE: 41″
- BB HEIGHT: 11″
- STAND OVER HEIGHT: 29.5″
- WEIGHT: 45 lbs with kickstand and rack
- FRAME: TIG welded CroMo tubing.
- FORK: CroMo Unicrown.
- KICKSTAND: Spring-activated, mounted to load-bearing section
- FINISH: Powder coat, many colors available.
- WHEELS: Rims- alloy 20” 406mm (front), alloy 26” 559mm (rear); spokes- stainless steel.
- DRIVETRAIN: SRAM 3×9 internal hub standard, other options available
- BRAKES: V-brakes or disk brakes ($140. extra).
- OPTIONS: Standard drive train, fenders, rear rack, disc brakes,