The Swift Folder
Starting at $900
Have you ever dreamed of a lightweight, CroMo steel bike that you could take anywhere in the world without having to worry about cranky baggage handlers, cumbersome bike boxes or inflated shipping fees?
The Swift Folder from Human Powered Machines solves these problems with a bike designed to fold quickly and easily into a 10″x21.5″x30″ unit—perfect for trips around the world or around the corner. And with one of the simplest folding systems yet invented, you just pull out the seatpost and the bike is ready to pack! Its optional internal eight-speed hub eliminates the risk of a derailleur slipping out of adjustment in transit.
A popular model for commuters as well as world travelers, the Swift Folder can haul an astounding amount of gear either on racks or with a trailer mount. Pedalers Express uses the Swift on a regular basis with our Hauler trailer to pull loads of up to 500 pounds!
The Swift Folder comes with complete instructions for assembly and folding. Options include fenders, racks, and a carrying bag for storage and transport.
NEW! Also available is a frame mounted front rack, made for a standard size plastic container or basket, as seen below:
Designed by Peter Reich and Jan VanderTuin, rack designed by Jan VanderTuin
- TYPE: Folding bicycle.
- WHEELBASE: 41″
- BB HEIGHT: 11″
- STAND OVER HEIGHT: 25″
- WEIGHT: 28 lbs.
- FRAME: TIG welded CroMo tubing.
- FORK: CroMo Unicrown.
- FOLDED DIMENSIONS: 10″ X 21.5″ X 30″.
- FINISH: Powder coat, many colors available.
- WHEELS: Rims- alloy 20″ 406mm; spokes- stainless steel.
- DRIVETRAIN: 1×9 SRAM gripshift standard. 3×9 internal hub, Shimano 8-speed internal hub or single speed also available.
- BRAKES: V-brakes or disk brakes ($140. extra).
- OPTIONS: Standard drive train, fenders, racks, bag
- PRICE: Base price (9 spd with rear der.) $1250, Frameset (including stem and seatpost) $900